Current Positions Available at Polyfoam Dandenong.
Maintenance Personnel/Fitters/Team Leader
About the Organisation
Polyfoam Australia Pty Ltd head office is based in Melbourne, Victoria. We are 100% Australian Owned and our products are manufactured right here in Australia. Polyfoam’s core business is manufacturing expanded polystyrene packaging for produce, seafood, medical, food and transport industries and many specialty packaging and insulating products. Polyfoam also has a large injection moulding, recycling and extrusion facility.
Since its inception, Polyfoam has remained one of the leading converters of EPS in Australia. It has continued to grow and diversify its range while expanding into other states. The Polyfoam Group now operates facilities in Melbourne, Sydney, Brisbane, and Hobart with joint venture operations in Adelaide.
Polyfoam is committed to providing world-class quality products with world-class service while meeting and exceeding the needs and expectations of its customers. It is also committed to adhering to all relevant legal requirements and has a preference to recycle the materials and products we produce and use recycled and sustainable materials where possible.
About the Opportunity
With a significant period of growth over the past 12 months a position has become available for maintenance personnel to join our team. These positions will be either leading or working within the maintenance team in Dandenong, to ensure that our 30+ manufacturing machines and services are kept in great condition.
Working in a small team, dependent on your position, some responsibilities for the role will be:
- Comply with OHS responsibilities.
- Organize and complete daily tasks for maintenance team.
- To maintain schedule of all plant & equipment on site.
- To ensure that all tools are kept secure and in good condition.
- To ensure that any maintenance of equipment is planned to have the least possible impact on production availability.
- Trouble-shooting & fault diagnosis of all equipment.
- Obtaining quotes for the supply of parts and or services.
- Complying with company procedures for purchasing.
- To complete and comply with “Risk assessment” ,“Working at heights” and or “Hot Work Permits” when planning to perform non routine tasks.
- Maintain a clean & tidy work environment.
- Liaise with Production, Warehouse and State Manager.
- Plus other fair and reasonable duties as may be required from time to time to aid in the smooth and efficient running of the business.
The successful candidate will possess:
• Previous experience in a similar maintenance or facilities role
• A relevant trade qualification or equivalent experience
• Strong communication skills
- Computer Literacy
- Leadership Skills
- Experience with similar manufacturing equipment.